- his incredibly special car is just one of the 150 Defender V8 70th Editions that were produced by the Special Works dept. at Jaguar Land Rover Classic.
- The Rover V8 had made icons of various Range Rovers and Land Rovers, including earlier Defenders; it only seemed right that the 5.0-litre AJ-V8 be given the same opportunity.
- Naturally, the interior has been spruced up too. It’s fully tailored in Windsor leather across the Recaro sports seats, dashboard, door cards and headlining, and you get JLRs’ inhouse Classic Infotainment System slimline sat-nav too. One other nod to more modern electronics is the bi-LED headlamps, designed to actually illuminate the road ahead unlike the feeble candles on most Defenders.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
- it has a naturally aspirated 5. 0-litre V8 which delivers 405 Ps and 515 Nm of torque.
- The Classic Works team treated the Defender to a new steering box, uprated anti-roll bars, better springs and Bilstein dampers in an attempt to contain an engine that, even in a lower state of tune, was producing more than 400hp and almost the same again in torque.
- the V8 powertrain is complimented by an advance ZF 8-speed automatic gearbox with sport mode and quickshift response, completing each gear change in 200 milliseconds.
This strikingly exclusive and exotic #LandRover Defender 90 Works V8 70th Edition has only 150 samples ever built, each sourced and assembled to create an authentic car that combines enhanced performance with refined luxury and maximum maneuverability.